Thursday, June 2, 2011

Welcome!

Hello & Welcome to the Crafternoon Delight blog. My name is Amanda and I will be your guide through this crafty journey. It is my intention to take this into a podcast as well, but at the minute that will have to wait.

My deal: I love to craft in almost all areas. I sew, knit and love Do-It-Yourself projects. When I pick up a craft I typically tend to set my ambitions really high...so there is usually a really big learning curve with my projects. But that means that new ideas are always emerging..it is my hope for this blog that I will be able to share with all of you my research as well as the very well established sites out there.

I have also...in a very declarative action...have "decided that I will finish one craft project a week" ....did I mention that I am working full time and going to graduate school... I will finish one craft project a week....

Other crafts I do: I have tried drop spindle spinning, but I haven't really had my full three bites (ep 153) of this one yet, so I am looking forward to trying more!


I also really love to work on costumes...I particularly enjoy sci-fi films and their costumes, but I am working to be educated in all types of costuming and am hungry to learn more.

These are the first costumes I have made. I did a lot of research on these and am looking forward to linking everything in the blog so you can find the fantastic blogs/resources that are out there...and avoid clicking on a million dead links.


The thing I am most excited about right at this minute is Costume College in LA. I stumbled upon this over the long Memorial Day weekend...and the minute I saw the class list ...it was over...I NEEDED to go...but I already went to CampKIP this year...totally last minute, and felt bad that I had asked for 2 personal holidays without the hubbs! We worked out a deal and I have purchased my flight to Costume College!

Well that isn't for a few weeks...so we will stop this here for now and I will tell you more about my costuming plans...My new and recent knitting...and any DIY projects on the horizon...

1 comment:

  1. You are awesome!!!! Also, you should listen to my latest podcast episode...

    ReplyDelete